EUNIC - European Union National Institutes for Culture's mission is to promote European values and to contribute to cultural diversity inside and outside of the EU through collaboration between European cultural institutes. EUNIC’s aim is to expand the role of culture in Europe and to strengthen cultural dialogue, exchange and sustainable cooperation worldwide.
Main objectives of the European Union National Institutes for Culture cluster are:
- To develop common cultural projects and other adequate forms of collaboration in cultural project activities, such as sharing of premises and data for cultural events
- To provide a forum for discussion on issues of common interest, including EU cultural policies and strategies
- To facilitate sharing of best practices and expertise among cluster members on projects, cultural policies of the host country, organisational and administrative issues
- To act as interlocutor for the local public and private institutions on European cultural issues of common interest
- To create opportunities for staff exchange
- To be an active partner to EU Representation / EU Delegation in the host country and act as facilitators to bid for EU funded projects