Membership and Communication Assistant – Internship
EUNIC (EU National Institutes for Culture) is an International Nonprofit Organisation under Belgian law. Founded in 2006, EUNIC is seen both as a source of strategic advice and as a key partner in building the EU’s strategy for international cultural relations. EUNIC adopted its first ever Strategic Framework at the end of 2015 and is now reinforcing its structure and capacities to become the preferred delivery, research and training partner of choice for cultural relations and cultural diplomacy.
The local branches of EUNIC members gather together in formal collaborative structures that receive the name of EUNIC clusters. At present there are over 100 EUNIC clusters worldwide, half of which within the EU and the other half in third countries outside the EU. EUNIC clusters are the backbone of the network and its core strength. EUNIC is currently developing their strategic approach to EUNIC work as well as strengthening their capacities for delivery of cultural relations and cultural diplomacy projects.
Purpose of Job
To support EUNIC Director in strengthening the network of EUNIC members, particularly by:
- Reviewing, expanding and keeping updated EUNIC Global’s database of members; contributing to the development of a reporting system for members to inform periodically the EUNIC Global office on their work.
- Acting as the first contact point for members and dealing with basic queries, identifying recurrent issues.
- Assisting the EUNIC Global team with the organisation of locally based and off-shore events and activities for EUNIC members.
- Providing support in the communications with and for members.
To support EUNIC Digital Cultural Relations in development of EUNIC App by:
- Registering new cities and members to EUNIC App.
- Responding to institutes on questions related to the functionality of the EUNIC App.
- Preparing social media campaigns for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook for various cities.
- Establishing partnerships with non-EUNIC cultural institutes in Brussels, inviting them to share the news about being on the app.
Profile and skills required:
- Advanced studies or university degree in International Relations, Political Sciences, Languages, Communication, Digital Media, Marketing or related fields.
- Experience in relationship management.
- English to C2 level, any additional languages are considered a plus.
- Excellent copy writing and editing skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of and interest in Social Media and Social Media Marketing.
- Attention to detail in order to ensure outstanding quality and consistency.
- Keen interest in cultural relations and the recent EU developments in this field.
- Very good working knowledge of MS Office, MAC OS and generally tech savvy.
- Basic design skills a plus.
Internship and application timeframe:
6-month internship starting in January / February 2017 (date to be agreed depending on availability).
Please fill in the application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for application is 17 October. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will take place in the second half of October.