EUNIC Hungary, a part of the European National Institutes for Culture (EUNIC) established in 2006 to increase the visibility and role of European culture around the world, is looking for: Intern (unpaid)1st March 2017 – 30th June 2017 (initially one month with the option to prolong up to four months)based in Budapest, flexible working hours Successful applicant will be expected to support EUNIC Hungary in executing its mission through close cooperation with the Presidency in office (FinnAgora) and implementing cultural projects, first of all the Night of Literature 2017. TASKS&RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implementation of the EUNIC Hungary joint project Night of Literature (30th March 2017, www.irodalomejszakaja.hu),
- Administrative support of incumbent Presidency (FinnAgora), e.g. in preparing bi-monthly meetings of EUNIC Hungary directors,
- Support of all national cultural institutes being members of EUNIC Hungary (according to agreed schedule),
- Reach-out to core partners of EUNIC Hungary (local cultural organisations, schools, NGOs, journalists, administration),
- Promotion of EUNIC Hungary, enhancing its perception in Hungary,
- Update of www.hungary.eunic-online.eu (in English and Hungarian),
- Preparation of material for social media,
- Media work.
- BA, MA or PhD students,
- Hungarian mother tongue or equivalent,
- Advanced command of English,
- Interest in cultural management, intercultural dialogue, public and cultural diplomacy
- Creative, open, solution-oriented,
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Proven comprehension of social media,
- Related education and professional experience,
- High degree of responsibility, independence,
- Ability to work in team and multitask,
- Courage to face challenges, stress-resistant,
- Knowledge of other foreign languages.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- exciting work&learn experience in multicultural environment,
- opportunity to get to know multiple national cultural institutes during one internship,
- chance to encounter eminent personalities in the field of arts and culture, ATTENTION: This is an unpaid internship.
INTERESTED? TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT (in English):
- Cover letter proving the qualities the applicant can bring to EUNIC Hungary and the project Night of Literature 2017,
- CV highlighting work experience and studies related to the position
- Essay entitled “How should Europe best promote its culture internationally?” (1500 characters, Calibri 12)by 22 February 2017 to: email@example.com
Due to expected large number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.