Membership Assistant – Internship
EUNIC (Eis the network of European national institutes of culture engaged in cultural and related activities beyond their national borders. EUNIC brings together organisations from all 28 EU member states and adds value through its global network of EUNIC Clusters.
EUNIC is founded in 2006, and today has an office in Brussels with 10 persons for its global operations (EUNIC Global). The Danish Cultural Institute in 2016/17 holds the Presidency of EUNIC. www.eunic-online.eu.
By pooling together the resources and expertise of its members and carrying out joint work on common areas of interest, EUNIC is a recognised partner of the EU and its stakeholders in defining and implementing European policy on culture inside and outside the EU. EUNIC is seen both as a source of strategic advice and as a key partner in building the EU’s strategy for international cultural relations.
The local branches of EUNIC members gather together in formal collaborative structures that receive the name of EUNIC clusters. At present thereareover100clustersworldwide,halfofwhichwithinthe EUandtheotherhalfinthird countries outside the EU. EUNIC clusters are the backbone of the network and its core strength. EUNIC is currently developing their strategic approach to EUNIC work as well as strengthening their capacities for delivery of cultural relations and cultural diplomacy projects.
Purpose of Job
To support EUNIC Director in strengthening the network of EUNIC members, particularly by:
- Reviewing, expanding and keeping updated EUNIC Global’s database of members; contributing to the development of a reporting system for members to inform periodically the EUNIC Global office on their work.
- Acting as the first contact point for members and dealing with basic queries, identifying recurrent issues.
- Assisting the EUNIC Global team with the organisation of locally based and off-shore events and activities for EUNIC members
- Providing support in the communications with and for members.
Profile and skills required:
- Advanced studies or university degree in International Relations, Political Sciences or related fields.
- Previous experience in project management and documentation (experience with relationship management is a plus).
- English and French to C1 level, any additional languages are considered a plus.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail in order to ensure outstanding quality and consistency.
- Keen interest in cultural relations and the recent EU developments in this field.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, ideally familiarity with MAC OS.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Internship and application timeframe:
6-month intership starting 1st September 2016 (date to be agreed depending on availability).
Please fill in the application form and send it to email@example.com. The deadline for application is 10 July 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will take place in the second half of July.